1. They are patient and caring. They make sure to give each child the attention they deserve and need.
2. They respect their students. When they are around, all ideas and opinions are valued. Students feel safe to express their feelings and feel comfortable sharing their problems with them.
3. A great teacher creates a sense of belonging. Such teachers make sure that each student feels that he or she is an important, integral part of the group.
4. A great teacher is warm, accessible, enthusiastic and caring. This person is approachable, not only to students but to everyone.
5. They are great listeners and take time out of their way-too-busy schedules for anyone who needs them.